If you have reason to fear for your life, there are laws to protect you. The police can issue a Domestic 

Violence Protection Notice and then apply for a Domestic Violence Protection Order to protect you from further abuse. If you need support, we have legal partners that specialise in family law and can offer some initial advice. You may also be able to get Legal Aid support which can help with legal costs for advice or court proceedings.